This centre was created in 1934 as the Granada School of Commerce and, since then, has suffered several extensions to adapt to the growing numbers of students and teaching staff. The current action involves extending and renovating the existing building and the construction of a new one.
The extended volume is aligned with the original building and a direct relation is created with the structure and materials. The new building is composed in parallel with that existing and they communicate directly by a bridge. The structure of this building is open to the exterior to be used, also, as solar protection for the interior. The project also includes urbanization of the area with new routes for pedestrians and wheeled traffic.
Photos: Luis Rodríguez
|Architect||Albert de Pineda, Juan Carlos García de los Reyes|
|Address||C/Profesor Clavera, s/n (University Campus of la Cartuja), Granada (España)|
|Owner||Universidad de Granada|
|Architecture Team||Marc Gomà, Ariadna Pérez, M. Àngels Manchado, Maria Ballesteros|
|Engineering||JG Ingenieros S.A.|
|Quantity Surveyor||Rafael Heredia, ENNE-Gestión Activa de Proyectos (Inmaculada Casado, David Sobrino, Beatriz Álvarez)|
|Builder||UTE Acciona Infraestructuras S.A. - CHM Obras e Infraestructuras S.A - Fábricas y Drenajes S.L.|